Celebrating the Centenary of the First Train into Samford.
Grab the family for a great day out at the Samford Museum on Sunday 1st July. Open to all visitors, this is a great day to celebrate Samford’s history and walk around the village enjoying the winter sun. The Samford Museum are known for their great events, great story telling and a real step back in time that have all the kids expressing their disbelief.
The arrival of the first train to Samford on 1st July 1918 was the catalyst for the establishment of the early village of Samford.
You are invited to a special event at The Samford Historical Museum on Sunday 1st July 2018 from 10am to 4pm
- 11am: QLD Rail Historian Greg Hallam will speak on the history of the rail line to Samford
- 1pm: Walk the Samford Village Heritage Trail . . . with talks at the Bakery, Hotel, Farmers Hall, Butcher Shop, Samford Garage and the site of Weise’s Shop (Hamburger Shop)
All Day Displays
- Railway story boards by Greg Hallam, QLD Rail Historian
- Railway to Samford newspaper articles and photo displays
- Samford Railway Station and Goods Yard photos
- Photos of early and changing Samford businesses
- Early and through-the-years Samford Village scenes
- Samford Reminiscences
A great day for the family so get along and enjoy some history and sunshine and a little exercise. Put it in the diary and make the effort – you won’t regret it.